Wednesday 25 June 2014

Reflections

June 25, 2014

My journey through this course has been amazing. I have learned so much and found ways to access even more that at times the journey has been overwhelming, of course I mean this in a good way!!! This course has forced me outside of my comfort zone in many areas and for that I am thankful. As a result of this course along with a change in schools and teaching assignment next year I am going to step outside my comfort zone in my classroom. I will be teaching MATH 9 for the first time and plan to spend many of my summer days planning guided math instruction for thos course. I believe that this will benefit all of the students in my classroom and provide me with more opportunities to check in with each of them. My district has just started guided math in the high schools, so if any of you know someone who already does this in their math classes I would love to hear about the experience and/or share resources.

As a result of this class I now own an iPad Air and have joined Pinterest. Assistive technology has such a positive impact on the lives of students who can gain access to it that I am going to advocate for the use of iPads in our classrooms. I believe that this would opening so many doors for students that it would be amazing.

I would like to thank Barbara for all of her guiadance and mentoring over the last few months. This course has truly been inspirational for me and I look forward to taking your other course in the future. Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment